Spay or Neuter Clinic Details
Help stop pet overpopulation
You have made a powerful decision to find out more about our spay and neuter clinic. Since 1973, we have offered this affordable service as a way to control the pet overpopulation problem, which nationwide sees an estimated 4 to 6 million dogs and cats euthanized every year. Our veterinary staff takes these operations very seriously.Will you do your part to lessen pet overpopulation by spaying or neutering your pet before they have their first litter?
Grant Areas that Qualify for FREE Spay / Neuter Surgery for Cats
Thanks to grants provided by the ASPCA, PetSmart Charities, and Palm Beach County we are able to offer free TNVR and domestic cat packages in the following Palm Beach County zip codes: 33415, 33411, 33417, 33436, 33445, 33409, 33406, 33461, 33462, 33401, 33404, 33405, 33407, 33435, 33460, 33463, and 33470.
Domestic cat packages include spay/neuter, rabies vaccine, FVRCP vaccine and microchip. Rabies license and tag are required by Palm Beach County Ordinance 98-22 at an additional cost. Limited to 5 cats per month.
Cats living in all other Palm Beach County zip codes are eligible for name your own price TNVR every Monday at the League. Learn more about TNVR.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
I don't live in one of these zip codes.
Free Spay / Neuter for Pit Bulls and Pit Mixes
Funding is available for 200 dogs. Includes vaccines, microchip, and e-collar. This grant only qualifies for dogs residing in Palm Beach County. Register today!
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Learn About the Procedure
What Happens to My Pet?
- Spaying is the surgical removal of the reproductive organs of the female animal.
- Neutering is the surgical removal of the reproductive glands of the male animal.
- Dogs should be spayed or neutered by 6 months of age. Palm Beach County Ordinance 98-22 requires cats to be spayed or neutered and micro-chipped by four months of age unless medically contraindicated. Older animals can be treated as long as they are in good health.
- All sterilization surgery at the Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League is performed under general anesthesia by a licensed veterinarian.
- All dogs and cats will have a small green tattoo to identify them as a surgically sterilized animal. At the conclusion of surgery, a small amount of tattoo ink is placed parallel to the umbilicus for both male and female cats and dogs. This requires a small patch of hair on the midline abdomen to be shaved and prepared during surgical prepping.
Benefits of the Procedure
- Behavioral changes including no heat cycles, less desire to roam, decreased aggression, and a reduction or elimination of spraying or marking.
- Pets are protected from reproductive cancers and other diseases.
- Dogs and cats live longer, healthier lives.
- Public health dangers, such as Rabies, are reduced.
- Submit an online application. Once you fill out the form, you will then be prompted to select an appointment time.
- Many pet owners find it useful to be able to download our application and post-surgical instructions.
- For Community Cats: Please visit the Community (Feral) Cat Trap Neuter Return (TNVR) page and complete the Feral Cat Application.
- Los formularios están disponibles en español: Aplicar en línea para la cirugía y revise las instrucciones post-quirúrgicas. Si programa en línea, usted debe presentar la solicitud y luego hacer la cita.
- If you have other questions, please call 561-472-8812 or email us.
- SCHEDULE MY APPOINTMENT NOW
How Much Does it Cost?
- Cat Spay or Neuter: $50.00
- Package includes mandatory microchip
- Dog Spay or Neuter:
- Dogs 0-34lbs:
$225 December Special $125.00
- Dogs 35lbs+: $125.00
- All canine surgeries require pre-payment within 48 hours of scheduling appointment.
- **Prices are subject to change without warning**
- More information about TNVR (Trap-Neuter-Vaccinate-Return) services
Other Procedures to Consider:
- Vaccine Package - Prices Vary, Inquire at the time of surgery check-in
- Microchips - $25.00
- Canine Heartworm Occult Test - $20.00
- Rabies vaccinations - $10.00 (Seniors 65+ - $5.00)
- Nail trim at time of surgery - $6.00
Please remember, happy healthy pets also need their annual vaccinations. Please visit the Vaccine Clinic for more information.
Did You Know?
The spay and neuter clinic is generously underwritten by our donors with special thanks to the Crown Family Foundation for their donation in memory of our board member Barry Crown and his beloved wife Beverly. We are also honored by the support we receive in memory of Emily Vernon from the Emily Vernon Foundation for Homeless and Neglected Animals.
Help Us Continue This Important Work
If you would like to help us by funding services to Palm Beach County residents with pets in need please contact our Development Department at 561-472-8873 or email here.