Vaccine Clinic and Microchipping
Vaccine Clinic for Dogs and Cats
Our Vaccine Clinic will be closing at 4pm on
Wednesday, April 26th for an All-Staff Meeting.
This helps us better serve you.
Clinic Hours of Operation:
Check in at the Grace Pavilion
3100 North Military Trail, West Palm Beach, FL 33409
- Questions - please email us or call 561-472-8812 or 561-686-3663
- Clients are seen on a first come - first served basis.
- Please be prepared to wait.
Dogs and cats must be four months of age or older for rabies vaccinations.
For DHLPP puppies must be 9 weeks or older. For the remainder of vaccinations dogs and cats must be eight weeks or older. Add $80.00 for an unsterilized pet rabies license (Per Palm Beach County Ordinance), add $20.00 for a sterilized pet rabies license. If you need to have your pet sterilized please visit our spay and neuter page to schedule an appointment. Pets must be in good health and females must not be pregnant.
In addition to the package pricing, we also offer:
- Canine Heartworm Occult Test $20.00: This test checks for heartworms in the dogs blood. Heartworms can be prevented by providing your dog with a monthly dose of heartworm preventative medication.
- Canine Bordetella Vaccine $25.00: This vaccination provides protection against tracheobronchitis (kennel cough), doggie day care and boarding facilities require this shot to protect your pet. This includes the cost of a necessary follow up booster.
- Rabies Vaccination $10.00: The cost for the vaccine is $10.00, or for senior citizens 70 the cost is $5.00. If your pet has a record of being vaccinated for rabies in the prior year then we offer a three year vaccine. If your pet has no prior history of vaccination a one year vaccination is provided and in subsequent years the pet can then receive a three year vaccination. More information on rabies vaccines.
- Microchipping $25.00: Microchips provide an extra layer of protection. Our shelter offers both microchips and pet ID tags. Visible Pet ID tags are the best way to get your pet back if they are ever lost. We offer HomeAgain microchips which are registered with HomeAgain's Pet Recovery System. More information on microchipping.
Flea and Heartworm Preventatives
Heartworm disease may be transmitted to your dog when they are bitten by an infected mosquito. Due to our warm climate in Florida, mosquito’s are active all year long. Dogs must receive a heartworm protection medication every 30 days to protect them from contracting heartworms.
Heartworm preventatives are not meant to cure a dog who is heartworm infected. Putting them on a preventative while they are heartworm positive may make them seriously ill. Heartworm protection medications require a veterinarian to prescribe.
Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League is happy to provide you with heartworm and flea preventatives at affordable prices. In order to purchase the following preventatives from the League, pets must be a patient of Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League's Wellness/Vaccine Clinic and/or Surgical Clinic. If you are not, please bring your pet to our Vaccine Clinic for a wellness check and/or vaccinations.