Spay or Neuter Clinic Details
Do you live in Lake Worth or Greenacres? Thanks to a generous grant from PetSmart Charities, we are offering FREE cat spay/neuter in Lake Worth 33460 and Greenacres 33463. We are also offering FREE cat spay/neuter surgeries to Wellington 33414 and 33449 thanks to the earnings of the FTI Great Charity Challenge.
Please email us or call the surgery helpline at 561-472-8812 for more information.
Due to a large number of surgical appointments for owned pets being scheduled, the following months are when the next available appointments are:
~ Cats (Female) - now scheduling for February
~ Cats (Male) - now scheduling for January
~ Small Female Dogs 0-50 lbs. - now scheduling for January
~ Small Male Dogs 0-50 lbs. - now scheduling for January
~ Large Female Dogs over 51 lbs. - now scheduling for December
~ Large Male Dogs over 51 lbs. - now scheduling for December
You have made a powerful decision to find out more about our spay and neuter clinic. Since 1973, this surgery has been performed on more than 200,000 animals. We offer this affordable service as a way to control the pet overpopulation problem, which nationwide sees an estimated 4 to 6 million dogs and cats euthanized every year.
Will you do your part to lessen this problem by spaying or neutering your pet before they have their first litter?
Our veterinary staff takes these operations very seriously and performs them up to 30 times a day.
Please remember, happy healthy pets also need their annual vaccinations. Please visit the Vaccine Clinic for more information.
What Happens to My Pet?
- Spaying is the surgical removal of the reproductive organs of the female animal.
- Neutering is the surgical removal of the reproductive glands of the male animal.
- Dogs should be spayed or neutered by 6 months of age. For cats we recommend 4 months. Older animals can be treated as long as they are in good health.
- All sterilization surgery at the Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League is performed under general anesthesia by a licensed veterinarian.
- All dogs and female cats will have a small green tattoo at the surgical site to identify them as a surgically sterilized animal.
Benefits of the Procedure
- Behavioral changes including no heat cycles, less desire to roam, decreased aggression, and a reduction or elimination of spraying or marking.
- Pets are protected from reproductive cancers and other diseases.
- Dogs and cats live longer, healthier lives.
- Public health dangers, such as Rabies, are reduced.
To Get Started:
- Many pet owners find it useful to review our application and post-surgical instructions.
- Apply for surgery online and schedule your own appointment .
If scheduling online, you MUST submit the application first and then schedule the appointment.
- For Feral Cats: Please visit the Feral Cat Trap Neuter Return (TNR) page and complete the Feral Cat Application.
- Los formularios están disponibles en español: Aplicar en línea para la cirugía y revise las instrucciones post-quirúrgicas. Si programa en línea, usted debe presentar la solicitud y luego hacer la cita.
- If you have other questions, please call 561-472-8812 or email us.
How Much Does it Cost?
- Cat spay or neuter: $45.00
- Dog spay or neuter: $150.00 until 12/31/14
- Effective 2015: Dogs 0-24lbs. $225 includes an e-collar, Dogs 35lbs+ $125 includes an e-collar
- All canine surgeries require a non-refundable pre-payment.
- **Prices are subject to change without warning**
- Click here fore more information about TNR (Trap-Neuter-Return) Services.
Do you live in Lake Worth or Greenacres? Thanks to a generous grant from PetSmart Charities, we are offering FREE cat spay/neuter in Lake Worth 33460 and Greenacres 33463. We are also offering FREE cat spay/neuter surgeries to Wellington 33414 and 33449 thanks to the earnings of the FTI Great Charity Challenge. Please email us or call the surgery helpline at 561-472-8812 for more information.
Other Procedures to Consider:
- Vaccine Package - Various Prices
- Microchips - $25.00
- Canine Heartworm Occult Test - $20.00
- Rabies vaccinations - $10.00 (Seniors 65+ - $5.00)
- Nail trim at time of surgery - $6.00
Did You Know?
The spay and neuter clinic is generously underwritten by our donors with special thanks to the Crown Family Foundation for their donation in memory of our board member Barry Crown and his beloved wife Beverly. We are also honored by the support we receive in memory of Emily Vernon from the Emily Vernon Foundation for Homeless and Neglected Animals.
Help Us Continue This Important Work
If you would like to help us by funding services to Palm Beach County residents with pets in need please contact our Development Department at 561-472-8873 or email here.