Spay or Neuter Clinic Details
Help stop pet overpopulation
You have made a powerful decision to find out more about our spay and neuter clinic. Since 1973, we have offered this affordable service as a way to control the pet overpopulation problem, which nationwide sees an estimated 4 to 6 million dogs and cats euthanized every year. Our veterinary staff takes these operations very seriously.
Will you do your part to lessen pet overpopulation by spaying or neutering your pet before they have their first litter?
FREE Spay Day on Friday, October 16th! (for Palm Beach County cats)
Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League is working hard to help end euthanasia because of pet-overpopulation. We are offering free spay/neuter surgery for owned cats in Palm Beach County on Friday, October 16th. Our goal is to spay/neuter 200 cats in a single day!
Schedule your Appointment Today
Grant Areas that qualify for FREE spay/neuter surgery for dogs
Thanks to a grant provided by Florida Animal Friend Inc., we are able to offer free spay and neuter packages to 375 dogs weighing 50lbs and over in the following Palm Beach County zip codes: 33409, 33415, 33460, 33461, and 33463.
Dogs undergoing free spay and neuter surgery in these zip codes will also receive a free microchip, rabies vaccination, DHLPP vaccine and e-collar.
Grant areas that qualify for FREE spay/neuter surgery for cats
Thanks to grants provided by Best Friends Animal Society, PetSmart Charities, and Palm Beach County we are able to offer free TNVR and domestic cat packages in the following Palm Beach County zip codes: 33401, 33404, 33405, 33406, 33407, 33409, 33411, 33414, 33415, 33435, 33460, 33461, 33462, 33463, 33467 and 33470.
Domestic cat packages include spay/neuter, rabies vaccine, FVRCP vaccine and microchip. Rabies license and tag are required by Palm Beach County Ordinance 98-22 at an additional cost.
Cats living in all other Palm Beach County zip codes are elibgible for name your own price TNVR every Monday at the League. Learn more about TNVR.
What Happens to My Pet?
- Spaying is the surgical removal of the reproductive organs of the female animal.
- Neutering is the surgical removal of the reproductive glands of the male animal.
- Dogs should be spayed or neutered by 6 months of age. Palm Beach County Ordinance 98-22 requires cats to be spayed or neutered and microchipped by four months of age unless medically contraindicated. Older animals can be treated as long as they are in good health.
- All sterilization surgery at the Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League is performed under general anesthesia by a licensed veterinarian.
- All dogs and cats will have a small green tattoo to identify them as a surgically sterilized animal. At the conclusion of surgery, a small amount of tattoo ink is placed parallel to the umbilicus for both male and female cats and dogs. This requires a small patch of hair on the midline abdomen to be shaved and prepared during surgical prepping.
Benefits of the Procedure
- Behavioral changes including no heat cycles, less desire to roam, decreased aggression, and a reduction or elimination of spraying or marking.
- Pets are protected from reproductive cancers and other diseases.
- Dogs and cats live longer, healthier lives.
- Public health dangers, such as Rabies, are reduced.
To Get Started:
- Apply for surgery online and schedule your own appointment .
***If scheduling online, you MUST submit the application first and then schedule the appointment.
- Many pet owners find it useful to be able to download our application and post-surgical instructions.
- For Community Cats: Please visit the Community (Feral) Cat Trap Neuter Return (TNVR) page and complete the Feral Cat Application.
- Los formularios están disponibles en español: Aplicar en línea para la cirugía y revise las instrucciones post-quirúrgicas. Si programa en línea, usted debe presentar la solicitud y luego hacer la cita.
- If you have other questions, please call 561-472-8812 or email us.
How Much Does it Cost?
- Cat spay or neuter: $45.00
- Dog spay or neuter:
- Dogs 0-34lbs: $225 includes an e-collar
- Dogs 35lbs+ $125 includes an e-collar
- All canine surgeries require pre-payment within 48 hours of scheduling appointment.
- **Prices are subject to change without warning**
- Click here fore more information about TNVR (Trap-Neuter-Vaccinate-Return) Services.
Other Procedures to Consider:
- Vaccine Package - Prices Vary, Inquire at the time of surgery check-in
- Microchips - $25.00
- Canine Heartworm Occult Test - $20.00
- Rabies vaccinations - $10.00 (Seniors 65+ - $5.00)
- Nail trim at time of surgery - $6.00
Please remember, happy healthy pets also need their annual vaccinations. Please visit the Vaccine Clinic for more information.
Did You Know?
The spay and neuter clinic is generously underwritten by our donors with special thanks to the Crown Family Foundation for their donation in memory of our board member Barry Crown and his beloved wife Beverly. We are also honored by the support we receive in memory of Emily Vernon from the Emily Vernon Foundation for Homeless and Neglected Animals.
Help Us Continue This Important Work
If you would like to help us by funding services to Palm Beach County residents with pets in need please contact our Development Department at 561-472-8873 or email here.