Be A Part Of Something Bigger!
|Shelter Dog Enrichment
Our volunteers play an important role at the League and each task performed makes a significant contribution to the health and welfare of the animals. By offering your time and talent, you improve the quality of life for our animals while they wait for their new forever homes. If you think you can't volunteer because you'd want to take all of the animals home, there are other areas and departments that need your help and when you volunteer, you help 1000's!
Volunteers must be 17 years of age or older . For youth opportunities click here.
Essential Capabilities for volunteering include (but are not limited to):
- Ability to commit to a weekly schedule for the next three (3) months or more
- High level of manual dexterity
- Use of both hands simultaneously
- Ability to walk unaided on uneven and/rough terrain
- Ability to tolerate loud noises and unpleasant odors
- Average vision
- Computer literacy
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to take instruction
- Ability to work well with others - staff and volunteers
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Develop new skills while exploring the field of animal care
- Meet new people with similar interests
- Acquire work experience for future endeavors
- Receive support and guidance from professional staff
If you are required to complete court appointed community service hours click here for more information prior to registering for an open house.