The Mission of the Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League of the Palm Beaches, Incorporated is to provide shelter to lost, homeless and unwanted animals, to provide spay and neuter and other medical services for companion animals, and to care for, protect, and find quality homes for homeless and neglected companion animals, to advocate animal welfare, community involvement and education to further the bond between people and animals.
Our Vision is to create a community where 100% of the adoptable animals find loving homes and no animals will be euthanized because of pet overpopulation.
Here is a quick glimpse of how we made an impact in 2018:
- 35,717 Total number of cats and dogs benefited by League programs and services
- 5,151 Pets placed into loving homes
- 6,391 Lost, injured or homeless cats and dogs were provided temporary shelter
- 5,053 Lost, injured or homeless cats and dogs were brought to us by Palm Beach County residents
- 1,338 Cats and dogs transferred in from Animal Care and Control and other local rescues
- 254 Lost pets reunited with their grateful guardians
- 14,286 Total number of spay and neuter surgeries (includes shelter surgeries)
- 9,353 The number of cats and dogs spayed/neutered, vaccinated and microchipped at no cost to the community through grant funding
- 6,636 Pets fed through Peggy’s Pantry Food Bank
- 8,964 Affordable vaccinations provided for cats and dogs
- 2,902 Number of cats and dogs cared for by the League’s Foster Program who were either too young or had health/behavorial issues needing to be addressed before entering our adoption program
- 614 The number of kittens who have been admitted to and cared for within our Kitten Nursery where they received around-the-clock care
- 703 Active volunteers (20 hours or more each month) donated 141,803 hours
Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League is an independent, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization serving Palm Beach County, and does not receive funding from city, state, or the federal government. We rely solely on the generosity of individuals, foundations and corporations to provide quality programs and services to the community. Your donations directly support programs and services to help animals in need here in Palm Beach County.
Be sure to also visit our Shaggy Shoppe Pet Boutique located within the Grace Pavilion at Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League. Don’t have a pet or can’t adopt? Please consider volunteering, collecting items from our wish list, or donating to our cause.
Thank you for visiting our website. We provide so many resources and services as you see on these pages and we enjoy making a positive impact for the community and for those who cannot speak for themselves.