Countdown to Zero is a public-private community collaboration, initiated by Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control, the Board of County Commissioners, and Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League, to bring animal welfare organizations together to end the euthanasia of adoptable animals in Palm Beach County.
Our Belief: our community has the expertise, the means and thus the obligation to aggressively implement strategies that will reduce the number of animals needing temporary shelter and end the euthanasia of adoptable animals in Palm Beach
Our Mission: At all times and in every way, we are advocates for animals. We ensure their safety and comfort, strive to alleviate their suffering and work to place and keep them in homes that provide a responsible lifetime commitment to them. We speak out publicly to promote and defend their interests. We oppose all forms of animal cruelty. We promote spay/neuter and other critical programs focused on our goal of preventing the euthanasia of adoptable animals in Palm Beach County by 2024. We oppose taking the lives of healthy or treatable animals. We provide services that promote responsible pet ownership and humane attitudes toward all life because we understand the critical role people play in improving the welfare of animals in our community.
- Transfers from Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control to Rescue Groups in 2018
- ACC Transfers to Rescue Groups January-June 2019
We Believe in the Collaborative Approach
A collaboration that prioritizes lifesaving can implement a coordinated effort to end the unnecessary euthanasia of healthy and treatable shelter dogs and cats community-wide.
- Collaboration ensures a common voice and message.
- Collaboration provides a clear picture of our community’s challenges.
- Collaboration makes the goal clear.
- Collaboration promotes effective, targeted programs.
- Collaboration maximizes resources.
- Collaboration keeps the focus on lifesaving, not infighting.
- Collaboration creates a yardstick for measuring progress.
- Collaboration helps sustain the lifesaving focus, regardless of who's in charge.
- Collaboration enhances public confidence, trust, and support.
Our Critical Areas of Focus
- High Volume-Affordable Spay/Neuter
- Proactive Lost & Found
- TNR (Trap-Neuter-Return)
- Medical and Behavior Programs
- Proactive and Efficient Adoptions
- Rescue Networks
- Foster Care
- Keeping Pets and People Together
- Community Outreach and Involvement
Learn more about the Countdown 2 Zero initiative and adoption event by visiting the website.