Virtual Open House is NOW available!
Virtual Open Houses will be done ONLINE, from home, at your convenience
This presentation works best on a desktop/laptop/tablet
If you have an Apple device, download Google Chrome to view this presentation
There isn't an application process prior to viewing the virtual open house session and open house is required for all new volunteers
Volunteering at Peggy Adams
Our volunteers play an important role at Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League. Each task performed makes a significant contribution to the health and welfare of our animals. By offering your time and talent, you improve the quality of life for our animals while they wait for their new forever homes. If you think you can't volunteer because you'd want to take all of the animals home, there are other areas and departments that need your help and when you volunteer, you help 1000's!
How to Get Started...
Volunteer Open Houses are done virtually online. Viewing the open house presentation and scheduling a follow up interview with the Volunteer Program Manager are prerequisites to volunteering on campus. Training in certain areas must also be completed prior to the first shift.
As a reminder, these open houses are meant for people ages 17 or older; for young adults and adults who can work independently with minimal supervision or special accommodation.
Essential capabilities for volunteering include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to commit to a weekly schedule for three (3) months or more
- Ability to work well with others - staff and volunteers
- Ability to take instruction
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Computer literacy
- Average vision
- Ability to tolerate loud noises and unpleasant odors
- Ability to walk unaided on uneven and/or rough terrain
- Use of both hands simultaneously
- High level of manual dexterity
Volunteers are an extension of the staff at Peggy Adams. Each position has training, scheduling and physical requirements. Review the role descriptions of volunteers needed at Peggy Adams.