VOLUNTEERING AT PEGGY ADAMS
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League. The Volunteer Program is designed for individuals 16 years old and older who are wanting to donate some of their valuable free time to help our animals. Our volunteer team plays an important role in helping fulfill our vision of creating a community where 100% of the adoptable animals find loving homes and no animals will be euthanized because of pet overpopulation.
If you are ready to commit your time and talents to Peggy Adams, please read the instructions and follow the steps outlined below to get started.
*NOTE: Volunteer Orientations are currently being held VIRTUALLY via Zoom*
- Be at least 16 years old; however, only certain volunteer positions are available for teenagers, under the age of 18.
- Ability to make a weekly commitment of a 3-4-hour work shift, for at least three-months
- A $25 Volunteer Application Fee is required and will be collected at the time of your orientation. This non-refundable fee includes a volunteer t-shirt, name badge and background screenings.
- A Background Screening is now REQUIRED for all interested volunteers. Your acceptance into the program will be determined based on the outcome of the screening.
- Court-ordered volunteering is NOT accepted at this time
Essential Capabilities for a Volunteer:
- Commit to at least one volunteer shift, per week, for at least three-months
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of team
- Ability to take instructions and follow safety protocols
- Some volunteer positions (including those that work with the animals) require the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend and lift weight between 5-25 lbs.
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Ability to tolerate loud noises and unpleasant odors
- Ability to walk unaided on uneven and/or rough terrain
- Understanding and belief in the mission of Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League