VOLUNTEERING AT PEGGY ADAMS
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League. The Volunteer Program is designed for individuals 16 years old and older who are wanting to donate some of their valuable free time to help our animals. Our volunteer team plays an important role in helping fulfill our vision of creating a community where 100% of the adoptable animals find loving homes and no animals will be euthanized because of pet overpopulation.
If you are ready to commit your time and talents to Peggy Adams, please read the instructions and follow the steps outlined below to get started.
IMPORTANT: Due to COVID-19, group volunteer orientations are now being held virtually, via Zoom.
- Be at least 16 years old
- Ability to make a weekly commitment of a 3-4-hour work shift, for at least three-months
- A $25 Volunteer Application Fee is required and will be collected when you register for your virtual orientation. This fee includes a volunteer t-shirt, name badge and helps defray PAARL volunteer program expenses.
- Court-ordered volunteering is NOT accepted at this time
Essential Capabilities for a Volunteer:
- Commit to at least one volunteer shift, per week, for at least three-months
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of team
- Ability to take instructions and follow safety protocols
- Some volunteer positions (including those that work with the animals) require the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend and lift weight between 5-25 lbs.
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Ability to tolerate loud noises and unpleasant odors
- Ability to walk unaided on uneven and/or rough terrain
- Understanding and belief in the mission of Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League