School's Out Days: Summer Fun
Join the Summer Fun at Peggy Adams with our week-long School’s Out program!
Learn all about dogs and cats and make toys and treats for them. Express your creative side through arts-n-crafts. Play games and activities, and meet new friends, all while helping shelter animals!
Activities include animal interactions, storytime, guest speakers, behind-the-scenes experiences, and even an opportunity to earn some service hours (the number of hours earned varies per week/ guaranteed minimum of 10).
Program Details and Dates:
Ages 6-8 Gimme Shelter
June 6-10 & July 11-15
During this week-long exploration, kids to get involved and learn why shelters are needed and the great services provided by Peggy Adams. From how animals arrive here to how we find their forever homes, the days will be filled with meet-n-greets, arts-n-craft, games, and activities.
Ages 9-11 Oh Behave!!
June 13- 17 & July 18-22
Peggy Adams is hosting: Oh Behave! A 5-day opportunity for kids to explore cat and dog training. Learn about animal behavior, develop your inner trainer skills, and try your hand at training. The day will be filled with meet-n-greets, arts-n-crafts, games and activities.
Ages 11-14 Jr. Animal Care Interns
June 20- 24 & July 25- 29
Jr. Animal Care Intern program is just the opportunity for hardworking animal lovers. Participants will learn about dog and cat body language, roll up their sleeves and make animal diets, as well as toys and treats that will enrich the lives of our shelter animals while in our care. Time will be spent socializing our animals and meeting new friends!
Program Times: 9am to 3pm
- Please note: this is a drop-off program.
- $250/ child for all five days
- PAYMENT REQUIRED AT TIME OF REGISTRATION
You’ll be pleased to know that our education staff have professional teaching /education backgrounds and degrees. All of our staff, teen and adult volunteers have been screened and approved by the state Level 2 Background Screening.
*Space is limited! If the program is full, please sign up for the waiting list.
- Where to go? We will meet in the lobby of the Lesly S Smith Adoption Center
- What to wear? All children should dress comfortably and wear close-toed shoes
- What to bring? Please provide lunch, snack, and refillable water bottle
- What about masks? We are asking that all participants follow CDC guidelines regarding masks
- Can I sign up for a single day? Sorry, No. This program builds upon concepts from the previous day.
- How many children will be in the group? Maximum 10- 12 children
- Will you provide any snacks? Yes, we will have lemonade or juice, water- and small individually bagged snacks. Please inform us of any restrictions
- What’s the staff ratio? 1 to 4
- Will kids be meeting animals? Animal meet and greet will be incorporated throughout the day
- Will they be outside at all? Some games or activities might take place outside weather permitting
- Will you be providing before care or aftercare? Sorry, not at this time.