School's Out Days: Summer Fun
Join the Summer Fun at Peggy Adams with our week-long School’s Out program!
Learn all about dogs and cats and make toys and treats for them. Express your creative side through arts-n-crafts. Play games and activities, and meet new friends, all while helping shelter animals!
Activities include animal interactions, storytime, guest speakers, behind-the-scenes experiences, and even an opportunity to earn some service hours (the number of hours earned varies per week/ guaranteed minimum of 10).
- $250/ child for all five days
- PAYMENT REQUIRED AT TIME OF REGISTRATION
June 6-10 ages 6-8
June 13- 17 ages 9-11
June 20- 24 ages 11-14
July 11-15 ages 6-8
July 18-22 ages 9-11
July 25- 29 ages 11-14
Time: 9am to 3pm
- Please note: this is a drop-off program.
You’ll be pleased to know that our education staff have professional teaching /education backgrounds and degrees. All of our staff, teen and adult volunteers have been screened and approved by the state Level 2 Background Screening.
*Space is limited! If the program is full, please sign up for the waiting list.
- Where to go? We will meet in the lobby of the Lesly S Smith Adoption Center
- What to wear? All children should dress comfortably and wear close-toed shoes
- What to bring? Please provide lunch, snack, and refillable water bottle
- What about masks? We are asking that all participants follow CDC guidelines regarding masks
- Can I sign up for a single day? Sorry, No. This program builds upon concepts from the previous day.
- How many children will be in the group? Maximum 10- 12 children
- Will you provide any snacks? Yes, we will have lemonade or juice, water- and small individually bagged snacks. Please inform us of any restrictions
- What’s the staff ratio? 1 to 4
- Will kids be meeting animals? Animal meet and greet will be incorporated throughout the day
- Will they be outside at all? Some games or activities might take place outside weather permitting
- Will you be providing before care or aftercare? Sorry, not at this time.