Taming Tarzan (Reactive Dog) Course
This reactive dog class is a specialized training program designed to help dogs who exhibit reactive behavior, such as excessive barking, lunging or growling in response to specific triggers. This class employs positive reinforcement techniques to teach dogs alternative, more desirable behaviors while reducing their reactivity.
- Week 1- Orientation with the owners via Zoom. This Zoom orientation will go over the class structure and what to expect from the class. We will discuss safety precautions and what you will need for the class.
- Week 2- Watch me, bowling go find, leash handling skills (miming, braking, properly holding the leash)
- Week 3- Walking skills, leave it with the head turn, turn and go don’t go slow! (stuffed dogs)
- Week 4- Turn and go conga line (real dogs), “here and sit”, “walking watch me”
- Week 5- Touch, CGC greetings with distance
- Week 6- Review all techniques, Graduation