Peggy Adams Offers Free Cat Trap Loans
Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League offers residents of Palm Beach County free TruCatch trap loans for the purpose of humanely capturing free roaming cats to bring in for the TNVR procedure.
NOTE: Palm Beach County Ordinance 98-22 forbids trapping cats for any other reason than for TNVR or vet care.
- Each trap requires a fully refundable deposit of $85.00 on a credit card.
- The loan period for this trap is 4 weeks and it must be returned clean and in good working order for the deposit of $85.00 to be returned.
- If you keep the trap for longer than 30 days, the deposit will be kept by Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League and the trap will be documented as “sold”.
- Peggy Adams will not provide euthanasia or cremation services for community cats.
- Trapper must protect the trapped cat from sun, rain, wind and irrigation systems. (Required by law under ordinance 98-22)
- Trapper understands that cats brought to the shelter in this trap cannot be surrendered (turned in). Peggy Adams does not accept cats in traps for any other purpose but TNVR services as outlined above.
Cats brought in for TNVR will not be admitted if there is anything inside the trap with the cat, No cups, bowls, newspaper, towels etc.…. The trap must be covered with a trap cover or towel.
Sick community cats needing veterinary care outside of what is provided in TNVR service should be taken to a full service veterinary office or to our county Animal Care and Control facility at 7100 Belvedere Road.
Do not try and trap the cats on the day you bring the trap home. Place the trap in the exact spot where the cats normally get fed. Turn the trap on its side and open the front and back door, use a zip-tie or bungie cord to affix the doors in the open position. Place some food in the center of the trap. Keep doing this for at least 3 days. (This is called trap conditioning) the cats will lose their fear of the trap. On the 4th day, turn the trap so the handle is on the top and set the trap putting food only at the back of the trap. Make sure the cat is hungry. If you feed two times a day, skip the feeding in the morning on this day. Once the cat is trapped, quickly cover the trap with a towel to calm the cat.
Need more trapping tips?
E-mail our help desk at: TNVR@PeggyAdams.org.
TNVR (Feral) Cat Surgery Price Schedule
Free cat spay/neuter -For all zip codes in Palm Beach County in 2019.
We are very grateful to PetSmart Charities, Palm Beach County and a private foundation for underwriting the cost of cat spay/neuter, vaccinations and microchips for domestic cats and free-roaming cats for TNVR. Free surgery will also be offered to Palm Beach County cat rescue groups and shelters at Peggy Adams in 2018. Questions? Email TNVR@PeggyAdams.org.
Our capacity is 25 cats per day.