Step 3: Meeting the Animal
At any given time, we have hundreds of amazing pets here at Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League, and we encourage you to visit us to meet them! Our goal is to help you find the perfect pet, based on your personality and lifestyle.
When your appointment day arrives, remember to:
- Bring a U.S. Government Official Photo ID
- Consider bringing along family members (including children) to meet the new cat or dog.
- Verify that you are allowed to have a pet where you currently live. Some areas may have breed and size restrictions.
- Wear a mask.
- The League continues to place top priority on the health and safety of our employees, volunteers, clients, and all individuals on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic. Face coverings/masks are mandatory for BOTH fully vaccinated and unvaccinated employees, volunteers, clients, and individuals on campus; they must be properly worn, fully covering the nose and mouth.
Once you see a pet you might be interested in adopting, an Adoption Coordinator will bring the pet to meet you and see if it’s a match. We recommend you bring your children to visit with the pets you are interested in. We may also schedule a dog visit to bring your family dog in if you are looking for an additional dog. When love strikes, simply let your Adoption Coordinator know that you would like to proceed with adoption.
Offsite Partners: Peggy Adams works with 11 PetSupermarket, 2 Petco, 2 PetSmart, and 1 Pet Supplies Plus stores across Palm Beach County to facilitate adoptions in their stores. If you are interested in meeting an animal located offsite, the store will do their best to facilitate the adoption, providing they have a store member and ample time. The store may need to schedule an appointment for the following day. Learn more about our offsite adoption partners here!
*Please note: Adoptions for animals located at Petco Legacy Place in Palm Beach Gardens are facilitated by Peggy Adams. In order to meet and adopt the animal, you will need to schedule an appointment by contacting the Offsite Adoption Manager at 561-686-6656.
Step 4: Adoption Counseling
Our Adoption Coordinators are trained to give you the best guidance to prepare you and your new pet for a successful transition home. When finalizing your adoption, our Adoption Coordinator will:
- Verify that you are at least 18 years of age
- Check your a U.S. Government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or state ID
- Give you information and advice specific to your home and new pet
- Talk about any known medical conditions or behavioral special needs of your new pet
- Review our adoption benefits, such as 30 days of complimentary PetFirst pet insurance, Science Diet pet food and a registered Home Again microchip
Step 5: Adoption Guarantee
Adoption is a rewarding lifetime commitment. Our most successful adoptions are those who take their time in finding the right pet for their personality and lifestyle. We hope that you and your pet will be lifelong companions, but we understand that life can get in the way of even the best of plans. If you have questions, concerns, or need assistance at any point after you’ve adopted, we are here to support you.
To adopt a pet from Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a U.S. government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license or state ID
- Verify that you are allowed to have a pet of the breed and size where you currently live
- Be able to spend the time and resources necessary to provide the training, medical treatment, and proper care for your pet
- Bring along all family members (including children) to meet your new cat or dog
- We may recommend that you bring your family dog in for a dog visit if you are looking for an additional dog.
DOG ADOPTION FEES